#4 - Pacific Surfliner series

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
local shot today - The Northbound Pacific Surfliner crosses Batiquitos Lagoon on it's way to Oceanside.

web.jpg

Canon 5D2 - 17-35 f2.8L - f8 - CPL

I like this one actually ... It's a nice compo ... It's not straight though!
I'll tell you what might work well ...
Get that 15mm lens of yours and set the tripod up as close to the line as possible ... I bet you could get a really dramatic fisheye shot!

Pete - had to explain Anorak to the wife as they don't have them over here - and the local trainspotters are more likely to be wearing flip flops! LOL

Hamish - the camera is level (used my bubble level) but the horizon slopes down towards the ocean on the left.

Had a similar thought on getting close to the train - would have to select a location as there are lots of 'No Trespassing' signs that would make things tricky in many spots. Thinking about it though...

Just down in bottom right ... Looks like there's almost a path?
Or was this shot from behind a fence?

I think you bubble level has been on the voddy ;)

You are correct - path to the right leads down to the tracks - past the 'No Trespassing' sign, which I photoshopped out! LOL

No doubt I will sneak one in somewhere - need to be very careful with the Surfliners, as they are so fast and quiet, that if you're on the tracks you don't have time to get out of the way by the time you've heard it coming.

Back