A couple more Wellington pics

Darren Bradnock

Makara wind farm sunset

018-1.jpg

Karori Stream

DSC_3210-2.jpg

All constructive criticism welcome

I think the stream photo is a little indistinct with no focal point, although I can see the compo could have worked with the stream going off into the distance... Why such a panoramic crop!

The windmill shot is a gem, really nice exposure I think with just enough orange glow bleeding into the shadows!

That windfarm shot is a winner, love the colours and the way the mountains behind gradually fade with distance - beautiful.

Hi Darren,

I like the wind farm shot with its lovely colours but I think the foreground is a tad under exposed. This might seem odd as its a backlit shot but they tend to much more pictorial depth if you can get some variations in dark tones.

Hmmm. I personally thing the wind farm pic is wowser - I like the foreground being dark in this shot as I think the silhouette treatment of the windmills is very effective and I don't think that would look natural with a lighter foreground. Additionally, the dark foreground is a perfect start to the lighter and lighter layering as the viewer's eye progresses into the depths of the scene. Great stuff.

ML

The windmill shot was taken with a 400mm from the top of a local hill, a fare distance from the wind farm. the only thing i've done is change the WB to daylight and tweak the contrast and black clipping. It was pretty hazey so no foreground detail, i could probably try the HDR thing but haven't played with HDR yet.

Oh and the mountains in the background is the South Island across the Cook Strait.

Last edited:
Back