Critique Welcomed A well maintained road... yes, really!

Stevenson Gawen

I'm starting to think that I could do a series named "Monaro Roads"... or something. ;)
Took this on my way into town yesterday.
I liked the light so much I did a U turn (more or less in the middle of the frame) and came back. The photos were a little disappointing, at least initially, but I quite like this rendition. Although I'm starting to think I may be pushing my moody B+W processing a bit too far...
DSC02831_02.jpg

Oh no,...on the contrary, I think you are pushing your moody B+W processing just right. This is a stunningly beautiful photo, Stevenson. I love the mist on the hillsides and also the curve of the road which disappears thereafter, leaving you with a bit of mystery.

I really like this, I believe it really displays one's feeling of loneliness and meditative state when driving on an empty road in this kind of weather. I am saying meditative not gloomy because one can just spot the light fighting to go through the low clouds. The bend on the road seems to justify even an ounce of optimism, as good things may happen further down the road.

Yes, I do like this photograph a lot.

I really like this, I believe it really displays one's feeling of loneliness and meditative state when driving on an empty road in this kind of weather. I am saying meditative not gloomy because one can just spot the light fighting to go through the low clouds. The bend on the road seems to justify even an ounce of optimism, as good things may happen further down the road.

Yes, I do like this photograph a lot.
Thank you Julian!

Thank you Rob! That's cheering - I'm feeling slightly photographically depressed at the moment. Haven't taken a decent photo for at least two weeks... but I know I'll come round again. ;)
Partly been too busy... but I have got a new "camera" in the shape of a replacement phone. The camera is better than I hoped actually... so I have been having some fun trying it out.:D

Back