Abandoned military building...

Shaun Haselden

Apologies for my constant posts about old military stuff but my home county is full of it. This image was taken in Ostler's Plantation, Lincolnshire. It is an old bomb storage area full of disused fusing buildings that were associated with what used to be RAF Woodhall Spa.

Nikon D600 with a Nikon 28-70mm f2.8 AFS zoom.

Attachments

• Abandoned Military Building Lincolnshire England.jpg
    Abandoned Military Building Lincolnshire England.jpg
    617.7 KB · Views: 5
And here we go again...

Derelict and abandoned RAF Theddlethorpe that used to be a military bombing range. Located in Lincolnshire, this place became abandoned around 1975. The objects in the image are what remains of an EOD site which was used for the disposal/detonation of explosive ordnance recovered from the beach. This site no longer exists, it was cleared away early 2024.

Attachments

• Abandoned Military Installation Lincolnshire England.jpg
    Abandoned Military Installation Lincolnshire England.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 5
i love old military stuff. keep it coming. interestingly enough, we have an old military comms bunker in our national wildlife refuge that looks a lot like the building in the first image. that first image is more interesting to me, but both are nicely captured.

i love old military stuff. keep it coming. interestingly enough, we have an old military comms bunker in our national wildlife refuge that looks a lot like the building in the first image. that first image is more interesting to me, but both are nicely captured.
And again I thank you for your comments. I don't know what it is with old, derelict military stuff but it stirs my soul.

Back