Aberdyfi Jetty 15 Minute Challenge

Darren Turner

XProPhotographer
Aberdyfi jetty in winter.
A jetty was built in 1887, with railway lines connecting it with the wharf and the main line. The Aberdyfi & Waterford Steamship Company imported livestock from Ireland which were then taken further by the railway. Coal, limestone and timber were also imported

Set myself a little project this afternoon, 15 mins to grabs some pics of the Jetty with the Fuji X10 here is what i come up with

DSCF3956Small.jpg

DSCF3940Small.jpg

DSCF3930small.jpg

DSCF3945Small.jpg

DSCF3927Small.jpg

DSCF3937Small.jpg

DSCF3919Small.jpg

THE sound of a tolling bell will be heard again in a seaside village near a legendary “lost kingdom”.

Villagers in Aberdyfi have agreed to artist Marcus Vergette’s plan to site a “time and tide bell” on the shore.

“With the legend of the lost city of Cantre’r Gwaelod and the theme of the Bells of Aberdyfi being so central in our village, this project seems very appropriate.”

Mr Vergette visited Aberdyfi earlier this year and explained how the bell would sound as the tide washes over it twice a day.

There were concerns about the loudness of the bell and councillors said they would not want the burden of maintaining the bell to fall on local taxpayers.

The artist said villagers should not be concerned about any noise issues and that maintenance costs would be “minimal”

“It is designed to be low, it isn’t like a church bell... it’s meant to be reflective, to be relatively quiet,” he said.

He added the volume of the bell could be adjusted and no-one should have to be “kept awake at night”.

A tolling bell is said to be heard at times, usually at times of great danger.

DSCF3909Small.jpg

must say it was a bit of fun, yet kinda stressful in sticking to the 15 minute time frame.

Daz

PS go on you know you want to try your hand at the "15 Minute Photo Challenge"

Last edited:
Great idea Daz - good way to spice up the photo taking and really focus on what's around you

Really like #2 - with the moody clouds - awesome comp

#4 - that wooden post is excellent - I bet it would have god texture in B&W?

#5 - just brilliant - love it - PP and everything

Will take up the 15 min challenge for sure :)

Back