An Idiot American's World Cup Prediction

We'll find out later today and quite looking forward to the match, if I can look forward to a football match. I suspect Spain will get their act together tonight, sometimes a wakeup call is needed, Spain have had theirs. They do have such talented players but of course this is an old team.

Spain looked really tired in the second half. I think the Germans and Holland have the right idea. A mixture of younger players and veterans. I also think Spain is guilty of an attitude that sort of says "We should just show up and win." They better not take Chile for granted or they will be going home.

I also think teams have adjusted to their style of play.

I think England will have a good showing vs Uruguay. England 2 Uruguay 1. :)

I am very curious to see how up Holland is for Australia. The Germans always show up to play. I would be very surprised if they lose in the Group play. They may take it easy on the US though.

Yes I suspect the value of Sterling quadrupled over night. He is that exciting type of player who can dribble past player which the crowds love. On the flip side he was an unknown, which helped him, now we will see how good he is when the opposition have tactics to subdue him.
I'm not so sure he was an unknown, Julian. New and young, yes. And an unknown quantity in terms of his ability to assert himself on such a big stage. But he played a starting role in Liverpool's side all last season, and he shone there too, so any team that didn't know his potential just wasn't doing their homework.

I'm not so sure he was an unknown, Julian. New and young, yes. And an unknown quantity in terms of his ability to assert himself on such a big stage. But he played a starting role in Liverpool's side all last season, and he shone there too, so any team that didn't know his potential just wasn't doing their homework.
O yes I watched all Liverpool's games 2013/2014 season, but he is unknown on this stage and team, with relatively little time even in the warm up games with his red card. In global terms unknown ish ;)

Unless Messi plays an absolute blinder Germany will become the first european team to win the world cup in the americas

not that i know of , he was the one chosen for testing after the holland game ....

Back