Critique Welcomed An Image of Philly

Brian Moore

It's the intersection of 12th and Market streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. That's City Hall straight ahead. It was about 6:30pm when I made this image. Shot it with my (ex-MacKillop) Sigma DP1 Merrill.

Last edited:
That is a great image Brian, so many things to see in it and a fine study in perspective. There are times when lens flare can add to an image, in this case it certainly does.

I hope you moved quick before the lights changed. :)

That is a great image Brian, so many things to see in it and a fine study in perspective. There are times when lens flare can add to an image, in this case it certainly does.

I hope you moved quick before the lights changed. :)
Thank you, Dave. I'm still here to tell the tale, but let's put it this way: I didn't dilly-dally.

So, you have zebra crossings in the States. Is that what you call them?

Nice BIG fotie!
As you observed in our recent Flickr chat your spelling has improved markedly Rob. No I have never heard them called zebra crossings over here. I've only ever heard them referred to as "crosswalks." Thanks for the comment, Rob.

So how do Zebras get around in the US then, Brian?

As Dave, notes, there are time when flare adds to an image and this is one. It has an early 70s feel I think - those should be Mustangs!

They use Shank's Mare, Pete!

Mustangs!? This is turning out to be rather an equine post.

Thanks, Pete!

Back