Any Motorcyclists Here ?

Not a motor cyclist Peter. can relate to travelling on my own in car and tent. Love those journeys of into the unknown, and going where ever it fancy's at the time, or anywhere interesting with no plans or destination, to simply have a return date.
My motor bike experiences were not great when young, although I did give it a try. I then took to a bicycle which was very enjoyable.

Superb scenery in the pictures. Nice bike as well.

Ex Biker here :(

I miss it. I miss it a lot.

Last bike was a Kawasaki ZX-10... not the modern one - the predecessor to the ZZR-1100.

One day...

Up until '97 I didn't own a car and used to ride 60 miles each way to work each day all year round. Started with British bikes and then bought a BMW R90S (which I still own and is slowly being restored) and a K100RS. Gave my last British bike (AJS 650 Model 3DL) to a friend (it was just sitting deteriorating slowly) who now has it on his list of restorations and the K100 went off to have the output shaft sorted by an independent repairer but has never returned! I haven't ridden for about 15 years I guess. One day though I will again.

I can't be trusted in a bicycle..... Let alone putting a lump on it! ;)
I worked hard for my title 'Dan Down', always coming off the damned thing.

To summarise, I don't trust myself on one either.

But my dad was/is a bike instructor. He sold his last bike about 5 years ago and not had one since, a Yamaha Thunder Cat, brilliant for the long tours.

not any more, I learned to ride on my brothers GSX1100R but I was never into bikes. When I had my own I had scooters, my first being a 1971 Lambretta Gp200, then i had a Vespa P210 StreetRacer and ended with a 1962 Lambretta Li125 Series 2

Here's my old ZX-10 - taken I reckon late 90s.

zx-10.jpg

Back in the old 250cc "L" plate limit days - I rode a blue Suzuki with side panels that said "GT 250" on.

All was well and good until a smart alec bike cop one day noticed the three cylinders - it was a GT380 :)

Ah - miss spent youth :)

I rode motorcycles for many years, my last bike was a BMW K100RS, same as Peter's. I loved that bike, have fond memories of vacations touring Coenwall and South Wales. For various reasons my current transport is a train. :)

I've got you all beat on this one. I rode a Harley-Davidson for three years, forty hours a week, as a police officer for the city of Anaheim. In California, of course.

I'll find a picture and post it.

Ah, here it is my 78th birthday, and I can look back 50 years to those wonderful years of riding a Harley all day long!

I found it.

Jerry 1967.jpg

My son wanted to be a biker when he was younger:rolleyes:...;)

Have a Kwaka ZZR600 in the garage not been touched for years though due a complete re build when I get some spare cash Sorry but never been or will be a Harley fan

Andy, the H/D is s big heavy bile with a long wheelbase. It is very comfortable and stable. I rode on 1960s, and even then you could be on one for eight hours every day, and not get tired. They are powerful bikes, but not quick. On the other hand, you can do figure eights with them that can't be done a the crotch rockets. They are the ideal police traffic vehicle.

Back