Aperture Magazine

Looks like a good read!
So far it has been much more enjoyable than the first issue that I received. It has articles that I can relate to whereas the earlier issue seemed too full of itself. Who knows? Maybe it's me too full of myself?

I am a damned, dirty pirate with magazines. I download them off newsgroups. This includes all the generic "digital photographer" magazines which there seems to be a never ending stream of different titles - where I find the most interesting content to be the reader submissions. I usually thumb through Aperture as well - and have mixed "mehs" about it as well. Perhaps I am just not artsy-smarts enough to "get it." Occasionally I will stumble across a magazine like "Photo Insights" - and I do rather like that one, and other similar small publisher magazines.

I worked with magazines for years, and watching how many of them were killed off was disappointing. I think I have replaced the missing magazines with YouTube creators however, and I do like the myriad of different photographers I watch on that service.

Last edited:
I usually thumb through Aperture as well
So far I've actually enjoyed this issue but it's only the second one I've received. Unlike the first one, this one seems to be about photographers and their photographic projects.

I may need to search out "Photo Insights".

Back