Article: You spin me right round.... published in Motorsport News

Alastair Cummins

You spin me right round....

Last weekend on the Wyedean Forest Rally I was quite lucky to catch this spin by David Wright, as I wasnt really paying attention, due to fairly long gaps in the field!

Wyedean 2012 Serridge 1 by Allyc85, on Flickr

After a few seconds where the car wouldnt re-start he was pushed out of the ditch and was on his way, only later to retire with suspension/tyre issues.

Nice set Alastair. That third one really gives you a sense ov the movement of the cars and the wheels with the rocks and debris in the air.

I agree... right place right time!
I had this horrible/excited feeling as i scrolled down that the next shot was going to be an upside down car!!

Excellent - right place, right time, and you had the camera ready

almost never happens - It always happens on the corner before or after the one you're on!

Any chance of this being published?

Cheers gents :)

I know what you mean Chris, im probably the worst person to be with if you want to see spins etc! I really thought there would be more spins at this corner as it was so icey you could barely walk on it, but some people were being very cautious and others just pushing their luck a bit!

Ive sent the series of pictures off to Motorsport News so il find out Wednesday (Sometimes Thursday!) if they will be published :)

Result!

And prime billing as well - nicely done :)

Back