Aspects of Remembrance

Great captures Peter. I find the one with the phone in use especially eye catching somehow! I always feel like it's an active contradiction in terms, modern tech captured on silver emulusion... might just be me though. But especially in this case with the subject matter - quite powerful in any case!

I'd like to know what film and dev you used. Guessing HP5+ for film... am I right? :D

Edit a little later: The info was almost staring me in the face -no idea why I didn't see it. At least I was right about HP5+ 😆

Last edited:
Great captures Peter. I find the one with the phone in use especially eye catching somehow! I always feel like it's an active contradiction in terms, modern tech captured on silver emulusion... might just be me though. But especially in this case with the subject matter - quite powerful in any case!

I'd like to know what film and dev you used. Guessing HP5+ for film... am I right? :D

Edit a little later: The info was almost staring me in the face -no idea why I didn't see it. At least I was right about HP5+ 😆
Thanks, Stevenson. When I included the phone one in the yearbook that I've got into the habit of producing to bore friends and family with I actually titled it 'Film and Digital Fusion'.
Full marks for guessing (recognising?) HP5+. All I had to hand was Rodinal but as I'd promised to send copies ASAP to some of the people in the images I took a deep breath, crossed my fingers and used it. Taken in the morning, developed and scanned in the afternoon and emailed out it the evening!

A great selection of images there, Peter. They capture the sense of the occasion well and I agree about the fusion shot. I also like the one with the scouts in a lot.
Thanks, Pete. The scouts were at the end of the parade and understandably got bored as the service took place. I probably did them an injustice when I titled that one "How much longer?"

Back