Best tailor :)

Blanka Kolinke

_DSC1865_res.jpg

Nikon D700 + Nikon 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 G ED VR AF-S Lens.

Last edited:
Very nice portrait, Blanka. I love the complimentary tones: The wall, the table and his skin; the sewing machine and his clothing; the thread on the bobbin and the garment; the logo on his T-shirt and the colors in his hat.

Very nice indeed.

It does all pull together brilliantly - almost as if you planned it in a studio.

The over all colour and texture is very much like a painting, and the eye contact is really compelling.

How did you go about approaching him for a photograph?

Beautiful!
I really like this shot
There are so many little elements that make the composition really nice ... even minor things like the scissors and lightswitch seem perfectly placed!
I like the scratches and partially hidden grafiti too... there is a lot of story in the image even without looking at the subject!
Im quite envious of you having the opportunity to take shots like this!

Hi Chris,

thank you for your comment. They are still using these machines there and they do great things on it ;)
And how did I approached him? The dress he is sewing is for me :D And I made the tailors to laugh, even when they seemd to be so serious before. That is the best key. They started to like me and we spent some time together.
I really do like this picture and I am proud of that, that it was shot this way and it did not need any help of any programs ;)

Last edited:
Thank you Hamish,

it is simple reality :) No studio neither working the composition out.

I am also glad, I could experience that place.

can i put this in the header of the site please Blanka?
It wont be straight away as we have a competition set to go in there, but i am looking for photos to go in the header after that

All the times I've looked at this shot and the time it's been in the site header I've just noticed the side on profile of a man shouting at the tailor :eek:...

Can anyone else see it or have I started drinking too early:p:D.

Thank god for that!!!

I thought I was losing it there:D:D

Back