Between the river and the sky

A great shot! I didn't even know that crossing existed - slightly off my beaten path but I must head there next time I'm in London. Thanks for the info!

A great shot!

I agree. The more I look at this photo, the more I like it, and I notice details that I had not considered at first, like the spiral on the pylon supporting the cable car. But it is that flag, so insubstantial, fluid and impalpable, that adds drama to the scene. It is the secondary actor, the sidekick, without whom the scene loses most of its importance. Bravo.

A great shot! I didn't even know that crossing existed - slightly off my beaten path but I must head there next time I'm in London. Thanks for the info!
Thanks, Geoff. It's always interesting to take a prowl along that bit of the Thames Path. I'm lucky that it's virtually on my doorstep.

I agree. The more I look at this photo, the more I like it, and I notice details that I had not considered at first, like the spiral on the pylon supporting the cable car. But it is that flag, so insubstantial, fluid and impalpable, that adds drama to the scene. It is the secondary actor, the sidekick, without whom the scene loses most of its importance. Bravo.
Thanks, Gianluca. I wasted a lot of time and a few frames trying to catch that flag in just the right position. I'm pleased you like the end result.

Back