BLACK PUDDLE

Julian de'Courcy

It may appear to be a lot of post processing on this image. Very little in fact. Shot Raw, overexposed , when the exposure was brought back in LR giving correct exposure for the leaves the water went to a dark dark. Might explore more into puddle photography as there is often the unexpected and accidental.

2 Leaves by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

Almost zen like in its simplicity and power. And, of course, very beautiful. Yes, I think you have opened a rich vein for exploration.

Just needs the ghost of a dog peeking through...

An image as this i could look time and again ... the black space suggests so much, and the two leaves both withered ...

http://www.realphotographersforum.com/film-conventional-cameras/8250-first-holga-shots.html

8178597262_19669897e1_c.jpg

;)

Last edited:
Poor Julian. My comment that it "Just needs the ghost of a dog peeking through" must have seemed quite cryptic to you! :) sorry to introduce my drivel into your serious thread. LOL!

Very nice Julien, the position of the leaves in relationship to each and other the lighting is really wonderful. Unfortunately Rob found an old Holga in a pet cemetery.

Do you think I'll have similar problems with the one I just ordered from some bloke in the US who does tours of the old Indian burial grounds? He found it lying about apparently, abandoned along with a backpack and tent.

Sorry Julian! :)

Nice inky blackness Julian - would make lovely wall art or inspirational poster

Back