Blackpool

Darren Turner

XProPhotographer
I decided to spend a day around Blackpool with the camera last week......... for those who don’t know it is a costal seaside town & tourist resort in Lancashire.

Sometimes referred to as the las vegas of the north here in the UK, The town most famous landmarks are of course Blackpool tower & its 3 piers i have been going since i was a kid and its fun place to be, plenty to do, loads of places to stay, eat & some cracking summer season shows. The area is very popular also for stag & hen weekends and has plenty of late night clubs & bars.

For around 2 months at the end of each summer season they have the famous illuminations which are quite spectacular & very popular, they stretch for approx 3 miles down the promenade

After my recent trip i am getting the feeling that this place is getting to a stage where it needs some major investment to cheer the place up ALOT

blackpool2SMALL-1.jpg

When i arrived i drove around for hours and i struggled to find a car parking space, as they were pretty full and i couldn’t find “Mushroom”
IMG_6087SMALL.jpg

After a lot of searching i found one thank goodness
IMG_5689-HDRSMALL.jpg

The parking attendants were to busy chatting to bother taking my money, but i guessed the car would be pretty safe.
oldmensmall.jpg

By this time i got parked up i was dying for a drink ahhhhhhhhhh 25p sounds good............i
blackpoolcafeSMALL.jpg

It was closed, I walked around the corner looking for another cafe, I found one.............it didn’t look to bad i suppose...............
popincafeSMALL.jpg

This was also closed, so went & grabbed a few shots with the camera
blackpoolSMALL.jpg

I noticed loads of seagulls, i tried to grab a close ups shot of them.........
IMG_5619SMALL.jpg

But i could only find a big one
IMG_5609SMALL.jpg

Now i was feeling a little peckish so i had to find somewhere to eat that was at least open. I ended up with just a snack
snackbarSCSMALL.jpg

By the time i had come back outside, i walked onto the prom; the sun was just setting behind the north pier
IMG_5650SMALL.jpg

It was almost dark by now and the famous illuminations had been switched on
IMG_5766SMALL.jpg

Towersmall.jpg

IMG_5777SMALL.jpg

I took hundreds of photos & i enjoyed the day & i was Loving it.
IMG_5770SMALL.jpg

The day didn’t turn out to bad in the end really did it.
(i have edited some of the pic's to try & make them look a little washed out and in desperate need of some repairs)

Daz

Last edited:
Fantastic!

Love the narrative as well :)

The run down cafe shots are very atmospheric, and I really like the scene setting view of photo 1.

I want a full Monty breakfast! Really miss a decent British fry up.

Some nice shots there Darren and enjoyed the narrative

Back