Brown Leaves and a Troll's-Eye View

Yes. I invested in a Canon Pro-300, about £600. It’s really good, very impressive. Over time, a year or so, it will prove a lot cheaper than sending off select images to a pro lab. I still only print a few of the better ones. It’s interesting too to experiment with different papers. I really like Hahnemule Baryta for a slight gloss, or one of their rags when I don’t want a sheen. I can also print the sizes for Ikea frames, which cost only £4 and look pretty good.

Yes. I invested in a Canon Pro-300, about £600. It’s really good, very impressive. Over time, a year or so, it will prove a lot cheaper than sending off select images to a pro lab. I still only print a few of the better ones. It’s interesting too to experiment with different papers. I really like Hahnemule Baryta for a slight gloss, or one of their rags when I don’t want a sheen. I can also print the sizes for Ikea frames, which cost only £4 and look pretty good.
Good for you. I think those Canon printers are getting good reviews. (A few years ago I bought an Epson R3000. Haven't actually used it all that much but it's nice to have a very capable printer available to me.)

Back