BTCC Thruxton

Alastair Cummins

A few shots from a soaking wet BTCC round at Thruxton!! It was a little risky using the camera in these conditions as I have someone interested in buying it, but its worked out ok and the D40 is a tough little camera! It seems ages since I last did some photography at some roundy, roundy racing, its a bit easier than rallying as you get 16 chances a car, per race at Thruxton ;)

Engine problems for the Proton meant it only completed half an out lap all day :(

BTCC Thruxton 2012 by Allyc85, on Flickr

Plato, Newsham and Smith 3 wide at over 100mph in the rain!

A light scuff on Sheddens car!

Plato pressures Wrathall for 3rd place.

And finally Honda Racing running 1 and 2 in the last race of the day :)

Nice set of shots those, well done especially considering the weather, I shoot vintage motorcross & it seems the weather is always like that LOL, you should get a rain cover, I use one & it is less than £30 & has a lovely long pull out cover for bigger lenses to boot.
Again nice set of shots.

Love a bit of BTCC! :)

Props for daring the rain, I've seen cameras in downpours like those.

Love the three abreast shot - trading paint.

Thuxton is camera friendly like Knockhill - makes a pleasant change

Thanks guys :)

The old circuits are by far the best for photography, with a lot less high fencing and run off areas that dont streatch into the next county!

Ive been meaning to buy a cover for ages, and will deffinetely be buying one after last weekend. There was some quite innovative ideas being used by some including sandwich bags and rubbish bags!

great set Alastair, love the first shot with the smoking wheels. in your second the look a bit close for comfort for my liking :)

as for trashed side in shot 3 hahah gutted.

Great works & great shots considering the conditions.

Daz

I look at these and I am amazed at the skill involved in panning in order to get the cars sharp with plenty of motion blur in the background. I have an army poncho and thinking about it something like that might be perfect for standing in the rain all day. They fold up small, weigh little and let plenty of air circulate around you.

Back