Critique Welcomed Bungalow With Cat & Parking Meters

Brian Moore

On 5th Street in Huntington Beach, California. (The only single family residential home I know of with parking meters out front.)

Olympus XA3 and Kodak Ultramax 400 film.

Just the title alone had be clicking through to look :)

What a wonderful vista - not sure how I'd feel about meters out front!

Very sharp pic Brian - The Oly produces a lovely image

Thanks, Chris. The wee Oly is a nice camera. This is the XA3, with the lens that is considered inferior to the one in the XA. I also like the Kodak Ultramax 400 film. Thanks again, Chris!

Brilliant title. Brilliant shot. I hope the cat didn't get your registration number though! ;)
Thanks, Pete.

That pussy was eyeing me warily as I approached intending to optimize the image by filling the frame. I was beginning to think it was going to behave like Monty Python's rabbit, so I ran away. :)

Same thought occurred to me. There's an allay behind the house, though. I imagine they park back there somehow. Anyway, thanks Beth!

Thanks, Pete.

That pussy was eyeing me warily as I approached intending to optimize the image by filling the frame. I was beginning to think it was going to behave like Monty Python's rabbit, so I ran away. :)

Just whip out the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch ... remember that "5 is right out"

Is it just me or is this ever so slightly crooked? Based on the bottom of the porch gable, I keep thinking it needs a nudge counter-clockwise. Thought about B&W, nice strong red filter on the sky?

Just whip out the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch ... remember that "5 is right out"

Is it just me or is this ever so slightly crooked? Based on the bottom of the porch gable, I keep thinking it needs a nudge counter-clockwise. Thought about B&W, nice strong red filter on the sky?
I think you're right about the crookedness, Keith. (But my excuse is that I was preparing to run away at the time I snapped the picture!;))

Back