Critique Welcomed Can't decide what to title this one... Le Peugeot et le chapeau

Stevenson Gawen

DSC_8293.jpg

I can't decide whether to to give you any context or not... I feel like my images are often reliant on context. Perhaps partly as they can verge on the documentary side of things.

I think I won't at this point. Let the image stand (or fall!) as it is.
In fact, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this - what is it showing, describing, what might the situation be?
Obviously, the image is nothing outstanding, but I quite like it. And I had a very nice chat with the subject. :)

Looks like the man is emerging from the ground like a mushroom. I love the colours of this one! I assume the guy is waiting for his car to be repaired, before, during, or after a car rally, but actually, no, I don't know what the scene describes.

emerging from the ground like a mushroom
I didn't see that... now I can't now see it. 😄

Thanks Gianluca. I won't say anything more yet, as I'd like to see what the others have to say. It's very interesting, as when I take a photo I have all kinds of bits of information about it, some conscious, some unconscious, that obviously others viewers won't have. So it kind of challenges my assumptions when I hear what others think about the image. Thanks! :)

To be honest my attention was immediately drawn to the Farina designed rear of the car. A Peugeot 404?
I also like the guy's hat. If it is indeed a Pug 404 a suitable title might be 'Le Peugeot et le chapeau'.
None if which has anything to do with what may be going on but I feel better having got that out of my system 😆

Reading the man's face, I kind of get the impression that it's the last race of the season and he's doing a mental recap of the season with mild satisfaction. A bit of a reach, I know...

And I had a very nice chat with the subject
You could entitle it: A contrast in aging.

When you said you had a nice chat with the subject, I assumed you meant the car (which is in pretty good shape from the looks of things).

Thanks everyone for your replies! It's reassuring that you're mostly fairly close to the mark. :)
Now for the real answer - Gwyn, (not the car!) is the car's co-driver/navigator and friend of the owner and driver, Geoff.

They've just successfully completed the 2024 Mini Eden Rally, their first event after rebuilding the 1969 Pug 404 and had no issues (as far as I know) so the the sense of a 'good job well done' is definitely there!DSC_8006.jpg
DSC_8295.jpg
DSC_8288.jpg
DSC_8400.jpg

Back