caught red pawed!!!! (wide open theme)

Thomas brookes

RPF Chief iPhone app Reviewer
After Pete suggested the wide open theme I got really exited!!

but I haven't had the chance to get out snapping so stuck in my flat I used Mr casper brookes the cat as my muse. Its my first attempt at deliberate depth of field and a theme so all critique welcome

here follows an hour in the life of a spoilt cat

attachment.php

hard at work

attachment.php

caspers "hump monkey" !! if you have seen what he does to this poor teddy...... well its all in the name. its like a domestic abuse poster!!

attachment.php

caught red pawed!! would have been nice to put an object in the lower left out of focus but he did this as i was playing about with my camera so shot it quick! he did get a smack after!!!

thanks for looking

I like number 2 Tom. What a life he must lead. Can't imagine his suffering. It shows in his eyes - well it would if they were sharp :)))! Focus point just a tad off to my mind but great composition. Maybe a spot more contrast and a touch darker. What do you think?

Your bang on pete . Yeah I noticed the focus point was out when I looked at the post on my iPhone........ Thinking about it now I don't even know if I picked the right shot to edit I'm sure there is a sharper one!!!!! I had deliberately added a lighter tone to it as I had noticed all my images I had pp where really dark.....but That's how I like em..... So if you say so I'm more than happy to do it!!

I'll have another crack at it when I'm home
Thanks for your time Pete

Great depth of field pal!!! this is really good!! As pete has mentioned, it's all about getting the eyes in focus, but apart from that, amazing capture of my fellow friend cat stealing food in 3#. great shot!!! What ISO did you have it on???

Yeah Pete is a legend.... I have learnt so much and yes Pete I did find the sharper image!! I feel slightly embarrassed.......... But I did have an amazing idea..... A photo set of humpy monkey over coming his felion domestic violence as a picture set!!! The story will unravel over the next few weeks!! Dan I'll get back to you on the iso, it was the first time I turned to tungsten in my White balance!! Boys I truly appreciate the input!!! Now I have a platform to work off!! I must stress I don't post these pics being happy with them I really need and want the input!! Peace xx

hahaha!!! hope she dont know you said that!!! lol

Back