Celestial Fireball Narrowly Misses Historic Building

Brian Moore

I was driving past The Breakers Hotel in downtown Long Beach a while back and with my sunroof open I spotted this heavenly fireball aiming toward The Sky Room at the top of The Breakers.

Now, The Breakers has been opened on that spot since 1926, and given that it has 18 stories and The Sky Room on top of that, I'm sure it has seen its fair share of airborne hazards. (Groundborne ones too, since it is a survivor of the big 6.4 magnitude earthquake that struck Long Beach in '33 causing widespread damage.) However, I am quite sure it never saw nothing quite like this fireball coming at it from a relatively low trajectory.

Fortunately the fiery missile missed the old Breakers and passed on out to sea, where it undoubtedly spent itself harmlessly in the Pacific someplace between Long Beach and Catalina Island. It probably only left a little scorching on the Breakers' roof tiles I would imagine.

It continues to astound me that the mainstream liberal media elite here continue to ignore such phenomena and instead spend all their time blaming the poor Republican innocents for everything. Good thing I was lucky enough to have my Vivitar PN2011 with flipped lens on me at the time and since my sunroof was open I got this image as proof of the event.

Memories200-008-1.jpg

The truth is out there Brian - Share and Enjoy! :D

So, how does the current CA crack down on cellphone use whilst driving, impact your mobile photography?

Ah, good point Kimosabe

If you're available next Friday, Barren B and I are thinking of doing a bit of a shoot in the SD area - informal even, casual attire, film cameras welcome

you interested?

Appreciate the invitation and would love to meet you two jolly chaps in the flesh, but I'm afraid my brother and his family--which includes a pair of delightfully incorrigible 11 year old twin boys--are coming into town, so I'll be tied up. Nevertheless, I do thank you for the invitation Chris! Another time, perhaps.

No problem - will try for a weekend to accommodate all parties interested

In fact - we should probably come up to LA and do the Disney hall etc

Another shocking cover-up Brian. But are you sure it wasn't a UFO parking round the back so it didn't draw any attention while the occupants popped up to The Breakers for a quick one?!! In fact don't you find it strange that the, seemingly, favourite drinking-hole of said aliens survive such a devastating earthquake?

Pete,...please think this through: If the UFO is parked round the back while its occupant pop into the Sky Room for a jar, how does the fireball simultaneously streak across the rooftops and on out to sea? Eh? :p

In fact don't you find it strange that the, seemingly, favourite drinking-hole of said aliens survive such a devastating earthquake?
Actually I do find this strange and in fact I had put it down to the architects and civil engineers circa 1920 placing their priorites exactly where they belonged: In making sure the taverns survived at all costs. However, I'm beginning to think there may be some merit in your thesis! Hmmmm....!

Back