Clare Park

Paul Lange

I went there with two things in mind, one to have a play with the flash gun because its the first time I've tried to use one seriously and I need practice. Two, it was cloudy and dull so perfect of black and white shots and attempting to get loads of texture into some shots. Grassy areas lately seem to have a very textual look to them. I thinks it may have something to do with all the snow and rain we've had recently. The ground is very muddy still and there seems to areas that have both overgrown and receding plant life.

Somehow I lost sight of what it was I had in mind when I took the shots but now hopefully I have managed to remember what it was.

Lifebouy
Lifebouy.jpg

This bright orange thing looks as if its been untouched for decades and is predominantly covered in moss and lichen. The iron bridge is a remnant from when the park was a train station and yard on what was the main rail line. It now longer exists.

Lady's Walk
LadysWalk.jpg

LadysWalk2.jpg

The park is also the site of an ancient ruined priory. Much of the stonework was taken by the villagers to make houses hundreds of years ago but parts of it still stand. Not sure why its called Lady's walk, possible it was the woman's entrance to the priory many hundreds of years ago when modesty was pretty much on par with that of the Islamic faith. Not sure about the last shot, I like the texture but not happy with the composure I think.

Nice, I like the first one. Even though I'm not a fan of square crops, it works for me here. Nice B&W treatment and the composition is nice with the framing of the house in the background.

Vic

Back