Critique Welcomed Cobra 64

Brian Moore

Chatted with this chap a little while about his car. At one point I asked him if he'd like to be in the picture and he declined. Of course, shooting with the 17mm (ex-Glenn Clabo) I couldn't avoid getting him in the picture.

Canon F1, Canon FD 17mm f4, and Kodak Ultramax 400 film.

Brian, the flare in the second one is insane!!! I love it!

And that 17mm..... Well, lush is all I can say. :)

Great car...Nice shots there Brian.
I told ya you'd love that lens. It's really solid.
I'm a fan of the glare btw.
Thanks, Glenn. You was right,...I love it! :)

(Recently I had began to become massively involved with my recently acquired Oly OM-2n,...but the 17 has brung me back to the F1.)

Glaretastic Brian - I think it really adds to the 2nd shot - gives you a real feel of a guy out with his car on a sunny day

He'll be pleased you managed to crop him out of shot then! ;)

I agree with all! The flare is brilliant ... But it might not always be! But then I think your the sorta guy who can handle a bit of flare problem in return for a bit of serendipitous flare loveliness once in a while! And anyway, if it's a problem just use you hand!

I have an 85mm Nikon that flares, I just use my hand ... And even then it's only when I can see veiling flare through the VF ... All part of the fun I say!

I agree with all! The flare is brilliant ... But it might not always be! But then I think your the sorta guy who can handle a bit of flare problem in return for a bit of serendipitous flare loveliness once in a while! And anyway, if it's a problem just use you hand!

I have an 85mm Nikon that flares, I just use my hand ... And even then it's only when I can see veiling flare through the VF ... All part of the fun I say!
Spot on! (No pun intended there actually, Hamish.) But I agree completely. My Tokina 11-16 is prone to flare and so I shield it with my hand when I feel the needy. Thanks, Hamish!

Back