Colour film processed as B&W

That’s decent results. I did this once, negs came out extremely dense. Is that what you mean by ‘unprintable’?

I've done C-41 in B&W chems myself a few times. (Also Rodinal 1+100, 60 minutes, semi-stand.) Did a few rolls of slide film that way, too. I did these by choice, not necessity, though. Also did a few rolls of slide film in C-41 chems. I liked the color shifts that method produced.

I've done C-41 in B&W chems myself a few times. (Also Rodinal 1+100, 60 minutes, semi-stand.) Did a few rolls of slide film that way, too. I did these by choice, not necessity, though. Also did a few rolls of slide film in C-41 chems. I liked the color shifts that method produced.
I would really like to see some slide film in BW, if at all possible. Any available ?

I would really like to see some slide film in BW, if at all possible. Any available ?
I scanned at least one roll. It was a roll of slide film that I found in a camera I bought at a second-hand shop. I had no idea what, if anything, was on it so I didn't want to spend the money sending it off to be developed at a lab. Turned out to be a bunch of photos of the valves of a fire engine. Pretty boring! I'll see if I can find them.

A very timely post. I rescued an Olympus XA2 from a charity shop last week. It had a half used roll of film in it which I rewound before opening the back. It turned out to be Kodak Gold 400. Assuming the that the back hasn't been been opened before it would be interesting to see what is on the film. Definately worth using a bit of Rodinal on it just for fun.

As it happens, I have bought 3 rolls of OrwoChrome NP slide film, because OrWo 35mm are my preferred ones when it comes to reloading from bulk: sturdy, easy to load, screw-on caps, felt is immortal. Now, the films are still sealed in their cardboard boxes. I have opened one just to have a look at it, and the emulsion is on the very brown (ish) colour which we all see in a very old colour film. The boxes indicate an expiration date of Oct. 1989, June 1990 and Sep 1991. The seller also gave me (for free) some rolls of 24 frames Agfa 100 and Extra Superia 400, looking untouched, but not in their boxes. No idea when or if these expired, but I would naturally assume they are well gone by date.

I am not taking any of these on my trip to Hungary, Austria and Germany which I am embarking upon tomorrow, for reasons easy to comprehend. But when I get back, I will for certes load these films and have at it, just out of curiosity.

I may not send any of these to the lab, and I may bw process them. You know, like a challenge sort of thing.

Speaking of BW slides (well we weren’t exactly) it’s pretty easy to reversal process normal BW film. I’m gonna try that someday.. howto on internet somewhere.

If one skips the reversal steps with color transparency film, do negatives with no color mask result?

Thank you

Murray Leshner

Back