Compact Camera Dilemma ... Ricoh GR1 bought

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
I've been seeking inspiration through kit a bit ... It's a bad habit ... What ya gonna do about it?!? ;)

My vintage lens fetish did it for me for a while, but what really got me shooting recently is the yashica t5.

Great little camera ... But my brain goes "if this works for you, buy an even "better" compact film camera" ... "Like a Nikon 35ti"

I have always wanted one, there is a couple on eBay, one I have even bid on (£127 at the mo) ... They are now very affordable and supposed to be brill ...

But, I am worried I might loose somthing if I over complicate what is currently motivating me ...

just airing my psychosis neurosis problems ... what thoughts folks?

Buy, Buy, Buy! Why not?

(Coincidentally I saw one of those Nikons on Ebay the other day. I love the speedo and rev counter on the top.)

[drool] <---me [drool] <---you ;)

5305981671_db0b6641fd_z.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

... I just dont want to ruin this thing for my self by giving my self a choice ... and a complicated one at that ... ya know??

HAMISH! Why did you have to find another camera that I have a sudden need to buy at some point lol thats really cool having those gauges on the top :)

Don't forget that you have a Zorki 4K now :p

... Yesm ... I think It may be at the office... im told I have a parcel there ... I shall let you know for certain ...
I already have a camera with dials ... the epson rd1 ... cool as ****!

Cool :)

If you are after something else that is awesome and mechanical, check out the Kodak Medalist II, its on my list of unusual cameras simply due to the massive screw thread used to extend the lens barrel lol

kodak_medalist2.jpg

Why does it have the MET Office built into the top Hamish? ;)

Unfortunatly the gauge on the left is your bank balance meter, it seems to drop quite fast once you start looking at the more unusual or vintage cameras :rolleyes:

Although saying that, there are some bargains out there especially for some interesting designs and models in the 30s and 40s and then some innovative tech for SLRs in the late 80s/early 90s where film SLRs reached their peak - as there wasn't any alternatives lol I know that my Nikon FM2n will outlast everything else I own and will still work perfectly.

[drool] <---me [drool] <---you ;)

5305981671_db0b6641fd_z.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

oh gods... I want one of those *chops up credit card before anything unfortunate and expensive happens*

I keep getting outbid on 35ti's ... I dont want to pay more than £200 so im giving up for now

I bought one of these

$T2eC16Z,!y8E9s2flC19BQ4v7igQv!~~60_12.JPG

Nikon af600 with a 28mm 3.5 lens ... its supposed to be excellent ... it only cost me £16 too (which is from what ive read, very expensive for one of these) ...
Fingers crossed it works when it arives
Nikon AF600 panoramic film camera | eBay

Thats pretty cool :D

I have shown my beloved the Nikon 35ti and convinced her that the price includes my name engraved on the top and that the money saved, by not changing my name to Pasm, could be put towards a fluffy bunny or some girly craft stuff for her.

The loving warmth hovering around the house at this suggestion means I can ratchet the heating thermostat down a few notches, and put the money saved towards a Nikon 1 V1. Bonus!

"Oh Happy Days, Oh Happy Days, when Jesu.."

And please do not reply with "what a crap trick, swine, sexist pig or have you no shame?" comments as I am immune to personal attacks having attended the Hermann Goering Kindergarten for Wayward Children.

Clever thinking Pat (or Nikon as I think you now prefer to be called - can we just call you Nik?). How has your good lady taken to being addressed as Mrs 35ti? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Actually maybe that will have to be Young Nik, there's an Auld one often mentioned around here! :)

" can we just call you Nik?"

Course you can, but only if you put 'Sput' in front of it.

Memsahib is particularly taken with her new mantle and has thanked me with a playful clip around the ear.

Back