Confederate Scots and the Fallen

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
In my local graveyard...

This gentleman's gravestone had fallen over in a recent storm, allowing a puddle to form around his face...

Fallen by RobMacKillop, on Flickr​

And here is a grave to the Scots who fell in support of the Confederate army during the American Civil war...

ConfederateScots by RobMacKillop, on Flickr​

Sorry both are a little squint - I needed to be careful what - or who - I was standing on! :eek:

Love that first one, Rob. Good for you for having the eye to have seen it.

As for #2, I'd be fascinated to know more about this particular memorial. Is it a memorial to particular chaps, with names/regiments given, or just a generic memorial? (I'd love to know names/regiments if its not too much trouble to get them next time you're there, Rob.)

Pete - Thanks. I was out for a wee stroll between students, and probably didn't take enough time to compose the second shot better. But I'm pleased with the first, although I nearly broke my neck trying to get in position for it. A tree had blown down in a storm a couple of days ago, and knocked over a couple of monuments. Both shots were as found.

Brian - it's just ten minutes away, so I'll get back to you in a day or two with all the info I can find. I was quite surprised to see it. As I said to Pete, I was a wee bit pushed for time.

Pete - Thanks. I was out for a wee stroll between students, and probably didn't take enough time to compose the second shot better. But I'm pleased with the first, although I nearly broke my neck trying to get in position for it. A tree had blown down in a storm a couple of days ago, and knocked over a couple of monuments. Both shots were as found.

Brian - it's just ten minutes away, so I'll get back to you in a day or two with all the info I can find. I was quite surprised to see it. As I said to Pete, I was a wee bit pushed for time.

Thanks Rob!

Back