Couldn't see the wood for...

Wood-1-1.jpg

Leica M9 35 1/1.4

Gorgeous!

Wow wow wow!!! Sorry guys, I've been very distant on the forum for a bit folks, just finding inspiration hard these days at the moment. It's been ages since I've left a comment on anyones work on here due to admitted laziness, but pete, this is very nice! I like the texture on this, superb!!!!

Thanks Dan. I'll post another shot taken wider later this weekend - just so you can all see what it really is! The light was just right when I took this and it was the texture and closeness of the trunks that drew me to it in the first place.

We've missed you and your images. Better stop reading those magazines and get out there with the camera!! ;)

Very nice indeed Pete!
Really nice textures (as has been said) and lighting!
I bet this would look stunning framed ...
There's a real sense of it pulling you in, despite the tree centre frame ... It's almost as if you want to look around that tree ...

Most certainly educating and over inspiring myself with hundreds of mags, I think I've presented myself with so much inspiration I'm confusing myself which path to take, haha!! All good fun, looking forward to seeing the original shot pete.

I missed that vito b in the end (for those who are scratching their heads I went to the flea Market on the bank holiday and was enquiring to Hamish about a voigtlander vito b) by the time I went back to the store ready to haggle him down to 15 quid or so, it had already been sold!!!! Gutted!!! It was mint!!! Not mark on it! I ran in to mr brookes there too, it was a good day out, not just for the great selection of old skool cameras but also because everything is just so interesting! If I'd of thought about it properly I could of taken a few snaps of the day out...

I'm on that one like a rash!! Really worth he visit mate, bring some comfy foot wear, because it's on the large scale of things. I did the silly mistake walking around in pumps all day and I'm still suffering now with my flat feet. Lol.

Dan's story about missing the Vito B reminds me of my own sadly-missed opportunity to acquire a mint Canon Pellix at a relative pittance at a local flea market. At the time I was unaware that the mirror on the Pellix does not flip up when the shutter is snapped. So when I tested the camera I decided it must be broken 'cause all SLRs must move their mirror up out of the way to let light through the shutter,...right? Well, I passed on the purchase but when I came home I was interested about the Pellix--a camera about which at that time I was blissfully unaware. Lo,...the Pellix passes light THROUGH its mirror! Back in a hurry to the flea market I went but the seller had absconded for the day, and was never seen again. Now I know. (I suppose we all have similar stories.)

nothing really to add to all the above comments! it's a really nice shot up to your usual standard with all the right components, lighting, texture and subject. Another one for the corridor!

Vic

Pulls me into another realm... but then again, I imagine this is what my mind looks like while I'm multi-tasking at work. Great pic!

Back