Crazy Reeds And Stuff

Wow - gorgeous mono image Rob - love the inky blackness

Hi Rob, very nice indeed I love the reeds and the reflection and the overall tones and treatment that you have giving this. I am not too sure of the brightness of the bushes background centre but I think that is just me. I think there has been a huge change in your photography since you bought the Hexar, like you find it a pleasure to use and it shows through in your photographs, not that you didn't before.

Cheers, Paul. I've returned to the apparent freedom I had with the Fuji X100, the camera that really fired me up for photography. Some see the Hexar AF as the "spiritual ancestor" (whatever that means) to the X100. I can definitely feel a similarity. The fixed lens seems to suit me, and what a lens!

Oh yes Robert! That's very effective.
Really liking this to be honest.

that's lovely, very dramatic. very nice reflections in the blackness of the water, and I love the amorphous thing in the background (which might well be foliage) which has great texture.

Wow - fantastic image, Rob. One of your best that I have looked at. I do somewhat agree with Paul - I might be tempted to try burning down the brightest area of the lacy background foliage. It competes a bit with the reeds (which are lit brilliantly).

Good job, man.

Back