Current X-pro1 Offer.....or Go For Broke And Get An Xt1?

Pat Reehal

I used to be indecisive but now I am not so sure.

I am sick of playing 'eny miny mo', have received death threats from my Chief of Staff unless I shut up and have put tons of dog treats on pictures of the two for my Rotties to decide. But I am no closer to making a decision.

The Fuji UK offer of an XPRO-1 with an 18mm and a free lens for £899 or thereabouts is soooo tempting and I nearly pulled the trigger yesterday but a nagging doubt kept me awake all night and all I could hear was 'XT1 come home....to Pat.'

I love my X100 and bought an XM-1 with the XC 16-50mm during the mad Amazon Christmas offer for effectively £189 after the cash backs, and have been bitten by the X Trans bug. So I am going to get one or the other but which one?

I know the XT1 is £500 more and I suspect that in a few months time, immaculate examples will be in the Fuji Refurb shop for trillions less but the reviews, the samples and the words of those I trust, all say that the XT1 is the dogs danglies.

Any advice would be most welcome. I am on borrowed time though as my wife has just brought the Mess Revolver down with a plea to, 'shoot or get off the pot'. ( at least that is what I thought she said).

Yours sincerely

Confused of Mid-wales

go on - you know you want to!

X-Pro1 will still deliver - X-T1 is a better camera but image quality is near enough the same

Suspect if you held both, the X-T1 would be more instantly appealing for speed of operation, EVF, etc

Did that help?

Many thanks Chris.

I have read everything you have said on both cameras and know deep down that you are right. I need to see one in the flesh as I am a firm disciple of the 'One stab at a first impression' mantra.

Sadly though, whilst I live in a beautiful part of the world, camera shops are like rocking horse pooh, and no one locally has a TX1 to see and touch.

I will probably have to get a rabies injection and travel over the border to England and seek out an XT1 stockist.

Dear undecided of Wales,

Don't fret over such a trivial choice, the answer is very simple and there is no need for a journey to a far off land where the natives speak a strange dialect.
Your woman and hounds will miss you madly if you chose to leave the safety of tne valleys.

So to the answeryou are seeking, buy both, play a while then give the one you least favour to a poor old distant needy cousin, simple, your conundrum is solved. Oh and did I meantion tnat I am a poor, needy, distant, cousin? Well in name I am haha.

Sorry for offering no help at all :rolleyes:

Thank you Cousin for getting in touch after all these years. Has your rash cleared up and are you now allowed outside without an armed guard?

I will immediately purchase both, try and then decide. Whichever one loses is yours. I will have it delivered to you but naturally need a few details to prove your identity. Kindly send address, Card details and PIN's and just sit by the door for the friendly ring of the Postman. Remember he always rings twice.

By the way, Eric the Goat who you left without kissing goodbye, still pines for you.:p

Im waiting

12958213695_c1504a17bf_o.jpg

And I thought I'd eaten the goat, oh dear must have been Dais, cant send card details as that would be seen as aiding and abetting and your missus would not be happy...

Good luck with your choice

Thanks for the Passport photo Kev.

You haven't changed at all, though I do think that your cheeks have filled out. Still hanging around bike sheds I see.

Will try and get to see one in the flesh and then spin a coin!

Back