Drew

Laurie Parker

Not a people person lol, so this is a second attempt at a portrait shot, focused mainly on the eyes which I read was the way to go any tips regarding people and photos more than welcome

4838419658_917b15e7a9_b.jpg

taken with the canon 50mm lens which I love

Lovely pic - focusing spot-on for me. How's Drew doing these days? Has he still got the Fuji? Does he use it?

Very nicely done!

The catch light in the eyes is good, helps to give them a sparkle and life.

yeah hes doing good Grez off to Uni in September, and yeah he still got the fuji he don't use it much though, he likes to pinch my little fuji compact ,i still got the 9600 too handy camera to keep as the supermacro on it is excellent.

cheers Chris I think portraits must be similar to bird shots in a roundabout way cos a bird image has to have catchlights too to bring the image to life, now if people would prance about in feathers I would have no problem lol

yeah hes doing good Grez off to Uni in September, and yeah he still got the fuji he don't use it much though, he likes to pinch my little fuji compact ,i still got the 9600 too handy camera to keep as the supermacro on it is excellent.

Do you think he'd be up for joining the forum. I always liked his abstracts - tiles and stuff.

I can ask him, he always seems so busy lately though, hes doing games developer and IT practioner at Uni so just finished a two year college course and now onto a three year uni one :), he still loves his abstracts oh on about that did ever see the lightbulb image I done the one that went into the magazine?? he was involved in that with me still cant believe how that turned out considering we were in a pitch black room only a torch and gels for light?

Never saw that one. Any chance of a look or have you got copyright problems with it now?

Back