Eddie Stobart Names Truck After April Jones

Darren Turner

XProPhotographer
Been In Paparazzi mode today......

Me & a few mates have started a small project called Tywyn Photographers
the main idea being to get out & about in local area and encourage local & visitors alike to do the same in our local area and photograph this amazing part of Wales. we aim to attend as many local events and photograph them and maybe even some monthly photo walks with the locals, there has been lots of interest ;) and an active & increasing Facebook page, website & twitter. we have lots of idea but are just in the very early stages at the moment

Tywyn Photographers | Photographs of Tywyn & Surrounding Areas By A Small Group Of Local Photographers
https://www.facebook.com/TywynPhotographers

anyhow onto the photos :)

Eddie Stobart - April Jones 14th August by Darren Turner, on Flickr

The haulage company, which gives all its cabs female names, named its latest in memory of the girl who was abducted and murdered in Machynlleth, Powys.

The idea came from a Shropshire couple who joined the search for April.

The lorry cab also features a pink ribbon - a symbol used by April's family following her disappearance.

Kevin and Jenny Clarke, from Ford near Shrewsbury, have got to know April's parents Coral and Paul Jones and joined them in the unveiling on Wednesday.

Mrs Clarke said she had contacted Eddie Stobart about calling the cab April and had almost an instant response.

There are about 2,500 Eddie Stobart trucks on the road.

The Cumbrian-based company's first lorry was named Twiggy after the 1960s model.

April's lorry is expected to be driven by Ashley Maddocks, from Newport, who is one of the drivers featured in the Eddie Stobart: Trucks & Trailers TV documentary series.

Thanks for looking

Daz

Daz - props and congrats - bloody marvelous idea

Eddie looks younger than I thought

Daz - props and congrats - bloody marvelous idea

cheers Chris

Eddie looks younger than I thought

that aint Eddie.......its there only welsh driver who will drive "April" Ashley Maddocks

Daz

Well done Darren, great shots those, I came past your place a couple of weekends ago & it looked closed ??
Glad to see you are still around.
May be down again soon so will let you know if I am & maybe go out on one of the walks or have a pint.
Cheers
Andy

cheers Andy, yes we did close up and went down to London for a a week :)

yes sounds great let me know :)

Daz

Back