Critique Welcomed Edwards Trust Charity Golf Day

Kev Pugh

Spent the day on the golf course yesterday, not playing but as official photog.

The event was a corporate golf day in aid of the Edwards Trust a charity that supports children and families cope with bereavement caused by the loss of a child, in five years the Trust has raised over £30K just through these Annual Golf days.

I sponsored the event by offering my services for the day free of charge....

Here are a few from the day, all images were shot in Jpeg as they were to be used for slide show over dinner in the club house before the presentation of prizes..

Edwards Trust Golf Day_053 by Kev Pugh, on Flickr

Edwards Trust Golf Day_114 by Kev Pugh, on Flickr

Edwards Trust Golf Day_132 by Kev Pugh, on Flickr

Edwards Trust Golf Day_137 by Kev Pugh, on Flickr

Edwards Trust Golf Day_147 by Kev Pugh, on Flickr

Edwards Trust Golf Day_184 by Kev Pugh, on Flickr

Edwards Trust Golf Day_148 by Kev Pugh, on Flickr

Edwards Trust Golf Day_166 by Kev Pugh, on Flickr

Edwards Trust Golf Day_101 by Kev Pugh, on Flickr

Thanks for looking...:)

Fantastic set Kev - have you shot gold before then?

Love the way you've captured the player and ball - and represented all aspects on the game with the set.

Some lovely comps as well with low angles, and nice DOF use.

The timing on some of the airborne shots is just perfect

I net you got a good reaction in the clubhouse?

Cheers Chris feedback at the club was good :)

I have only done some quick grabs before but am hoping these will open a few doors as I am putting them together in an Ad Pack to send out around all the local clubs...

Great shots Kev what golf club was it

Looks an very nice coarse I played at my clubs (Tewkesbury Park) open on Sunday and had my worst round ever :(:(

The game always but always bites you in the a**e when you're least expecting it..I have a mate who is a member there, nice course played it a couple of time over the last year....:)

Perhaps we could meet up for 18 sometime...

Nice set, Kev! Super duper DOF on some of 'em. Also, I'm sure the golfers loved the shots of themselves. A couple in this set look like pros.

Thanks Brian, yea sure some of them have all the kit, look, attitude and definitely the will to be. :) but did the ball really get there in regulation or was it another Bogey/Double..;)

Bit late here with the praise I'm afraid Kev and it has all pretty much been said. But I certainly agree with Chris' comments. Nice timing, full of interest and they cover a wide range of the game. I can imagine these getting you some attention. Good luck.

These are spot on Kev!
You can tell that you understand the sport in the picture I think ...
You have the camera angles and context spot on I think!
The timing is right to not spoil the shots for the players too ... Yeah... Bang on mate!

Here is a question... Do you think that you have got the angles you have because you are a good photog or do you think you have been influenced by the camera angles they use for tv coverage?

Cheers Hamish,

In answer to your question, firstly I'd like to think that I understand the game sufficiently to get the shots, I'm sure too that they can't be got by chance, therefore I must be good enough to be able to spot and get the shot I want. influenced in part maybe by golfing shots on TV and in Mags etc., but Golf courses tend to lend themselves to shooting from low angles, there being lots of undulating ground, but it is the best place to be on a golf course really for photography purposes, you are out of the golfers eye therefore not too much of a distraction to them, and it is possibly a safer bet to be low than stood up like a target in front of the golfer...you can also make good use of the necessary ground pod support system which saves lugging around too much kit....:D:D

As with most things having an understanding of a game/sport/subject allows you to get the best out of it..........advice I read somewhere was to follow a team/sport/sports person before photoging them, that way you will learn how to anticipate the action, when and where it is most likely to occur..:)

Thanks Again

Thanks again all for the comments

I have just heard that the day made £3000, not bad at all....

Slide show can be seen here...
[video=youtube;gWgNokWK4k4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWgNokWK4k4&list=HL1340964296&feature=mh_lolz[/video]

Some goods shots there Kev with just the right amount of blurr on the moving bits I think. I also think that you missed a chance when Bryan asked you what golf club it was. I was expecting your next post to say it was a 5 iron!

Some goods shots there Kev with just the right amount of blurr on the moving bits I think. I also think that you missed a chance when Bryan asked you what golf club it was. I was expecting your next post to say it was a 5 iron!

I always miss the trick Paul..always............:D

Back