Einstein's Ostrich

After a few frustrating misses (that turned out to be due to the 'serviced' holder I bought from New55 with my last batch of film - one of my old ones worked perfectly), I eventually produced a shot I was reasonably pleased with.

I'll take a picture of the setup tomorrow, but the feather was held onto a light box using a piece of glass and illuminated from behind.

New55%20Feather-1_zpsbyk38az2.jpg~original

Cambo Lengend + Rodenstock 75mm Grandagon N f1:4.5. ISO 50, 1/2s at f1:22 onto New55 film. Positive copied using a Sony RX100.

Intriguing image, Pete. Rather than a spine up the middle of the feather, it looks like the entrance to another universe, or something. I love the focus, quite dream-like. But the whole image, with the gold bits around the edge is fascinating. Well done.

Thanks, Rob. The staining is quite nice and the new paper base they are using is a bit less white, as it were - I think I prefer it. I should have come up with some dribble about it being a representation of gravity waves and that I used the feather from an Ostrich because they are flightless and so bound more by gravity that other birds - er, actually that was exactly what I was thinking when I came up with idea and the gold colours represent our getting ever closer to being able to detect the ripples caused by the Big Bang. And that is of course why it is called Einstein's Ostrich and not something boring like New55 Feather! :rolleyes:

Excellent Pete i like this a lot.
Gravity waves being in vogue today would be apt, but I think somehow you have as much authority at finding the beginning of whatever anything is in you dark room or maybe you have two darkroom and they could collide.

Back