F/S - Canon 550d + 18-55mm IS kit lens

Ben Jennings

Hi everyone,

I have a Canon 550d + 18-55mm kit lens for sale. £325 with free delivery. Mint condition had it less than a year, very light use, fully boxed with all the usual bits. Pictures to follow, selling due to going down the digital rangefinder route.

Ben

Hi everyone,

I have a Canon 550d + 18-55mm kit lens for sale. £325 with free delivery. Mint condition had it less than a year, very light use, fully boxed with all the usual bits. Pictures to follow, selling due to going down the digital rangefinder route.

Ben

ACE! what you gonna get?

Bit of a gear overhaul really, slight back story first.

Got the Fuji x10 a few months ago (after begging/pleading/getting told off by the wife). It arrived and I haven't stopped using it, have barely touched my canon gear in months. Just really prefer the feel of RF style camera's.

So I began lusting over something a little better than the x10, partly due to the ways the x10 fails in certain areas, i.e. autofocus and delay from shutter press to actual picture captured.

Now for years I have been hoarding a huge amount of stuff, mainly guitar equipment (because every amateur guitarist needs 10+ guitars (3 of which are gibsons) and equipment). I've always toyed with the idea of selling it off and reinvesting the money into photography stuff, so I'll actually get use of the money tied up. Mentioned this to the wife several times over the last year or so and the response has always been "if you are selling all that stuff the money should be going into savings, not cameras!".

But then something strange happened, very strange indeed. I brought up the subject again, and was told as long as I paid off our overdraft (not much) I was free to do with the money as I wished. Hmmm, my thoughts were "Who are you and where is my real wife??". This caught me off guard and I even suggested I sell off my canon gear to add to the funds, to which I got the reply "Well you could sell some stuff but hold on to your 5D, its a good one", seriously WTF is going on!!

So anyway, long story short, I have quite a bit of money to play with, guilt free.

Been looking around and my rough plan so far is (in order of purchase until money runs out):

Apple iMac 27"

Fuji Xpro-1
Fuji XF 35mm
Fuji XF 14mm 2.8 or XF 18mm 2
Fuji XF 60mm 2.8

Voigtlander R2[insert model here]
Some lenses (advice/recommendations needed at some point in near future)

Fuji X100s (if I feel I need it after the above)
Fuji EF-X20 TTL Flash

This isn't written in stone, but so far I can't find a reason not to, I simply love the fuji stuff. Even with its flaws it still seems to call me in.

Ben, I know how you feel with the wife scenario, forever begging to put towards things that may 'benefit' us for the future, like savings, mortgages etc..... But I never come across the other side like you have described... I would cherish every moment of that, seriously.
Good luck with your such. :)

Back