Family Update

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
Things have been happening, chez MacKillop...

Rhona yesterday received her Certificate with Distinction in Botanical Illustration from the Royal Edinburgh Botanic Gardens

4.jpg

Susan's translation of Tintin into Scots appeared to a lot of interest from papers and BBC Radio 4 - the broadcast can be heard HERE. Compare the English translation with the Scots:

4.jpg

Rob has been perplexed by his complete inability to take a normal photo. I took about 60 at Rhona's graduation, and only about two were of any use, and only then after some digital manipulation. I often think I'm the world's worst photographer! Susan got FAR better images from her iPhone.

Eh? Looking 60? I wrote "took 60". You probably made a funny comment there, Glenn, but I'm missing it. That aside, thanks for the congrats to Rhona, which I'll pass along.

Congratulations Rhona - and she wore a floral themed dress too. Nice. :) I'm quite a fan of Tintin (although more for the graphics than the stories). Not sure I could follow the Scots version though, but I will listen to the broadcast later. Congratulations Susan.

As to the photographer! You're obviously trying too hard! Sometimes that happens, especially when taking shots at an event. Mind the shot of Rhona is very nice. Maybe you need a bit of film therapy. Would you use some Cross process film?

You lot are so talented - and you speak more than one language fluently! :)

Congrats.

Did you get carried away at the graduation and forget something on the camera set-up?

I was trying different speed settings, apertures, ISO, everything just appeared blurred, out of focus, or really bad comps. Just lost any competence. Just one of those days? Maybe...

Back