Finally out of the house

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
I've been self isolating for ten days due to having mild but disturbing symptoms of - presumably - Covid-19, including loss of taste and smell, nausea, headaches and a raised temperature. I'm on the mend, but my body is knackered. So far there is no sign of it with Susan, my wife. Let's hope it stays that way.

So, today I got out for a ten-minute walk, and came home completely knackered. But I did not forget to bring my camera with me, however I did forget that it was only set on jpg. So these are in-camera jpgs, but with a little increase in Clarity in Lightroom 6. It was great to get out of the house, however briefly.

In the order they were taken, though the fourth is my favourite, the fifth a close second.

park2.jpg

park3.jpg

Stump Mountain.jpg

park5.jpg

park4.jpg

The Den.jpg

Leica M9 Monochrom, 7Artisans 50mm 1.1

I'm happy to hear you are ok! It's a nasty virus, and you can't predict how it affects you.. And I like the cherry tree very much, that light is amazing!

Glad to hear you are on the mend, I do hope you make a speedy recovery, it is a real nasty.

Fine set of pictures. I find the last one interesting, looks almost like a den. Maybe for an animal or even a wild Celt! :)

Or a tame Celt...

Yes, it's a den, made out of a fallen tree. Once the parks department get back to work it will be removed, no doubt. In the meantime, kids are having great fun with it.

Sorry you got caught out. nasty business. Glad you are on the mend, and out and about. Number 4 is stunning !! well seen and taken. Keeping fingers crossed that Susan escapes it.

Back