flowers in vase...

Peter McCullough

Hi all,

My very first photo posted here.

I've recently bought a couple of Samyang manual focus lenses for my Canon 5D Mk1 body, a 16mm f/2.8 and a 35mm f/1.4, beautiful build/lens quality for little money! This was shot with the Samyang 35mm f/1.4

Here's a shot taken tonight of a mixture of flowers in a vase in our hall, tripod/mirror lock up/cable release/hi-res jpeg/50 iso and shot at f/1.4

4724_trim.jpg

I love the paper thin depth of field with this excellent manual f/1.4 glass - wow.

Last edited:
Ooo ...
I missed this... A bit behind on my post reading from sorting all that database nonsense!

Lovely that int it!

Purely technically speaking that oof rendering is very smooth!

Non technically speaking, lovely shot, very colourful!

How do you find the manual focusing?

Thanks for your comments.

I've literally only used the Samyang 35mm f/1.4 twice in the past two days, have only used it inside as the present weather here is dull and raining lots. So I hope to get out within next few days to try shoot with it, I also have the 14mm Samyang wide angle, so can't wait to use that on buildings etc, I need to buy a few 'welding glass' dark filters (strengths 8/10/12) to enhance sky effect for cheap as chips price etc.

Once I get the hang of manual focusing I'm hoping to get good results all being well, watch this space....

Lens looks good.

It looks like the tip of the nearmost leaf is the point of focus at the moment. I'd like to see the shot with the centre of the flower in focus?

Oooo, I love a good narrow DOF myself - lovely shot :)

Lenses looking very promising then.

Back