Holga 35mm Pinhole - first roll

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
Finally, a cheap way to do pinhole shots, without having to send 120 film off for development. This is Holga's 35mm pinhole camera. Cheap plastic, of course, but it allows the use of a cable release and tripod. That said, I've seen better-quality pinhole shots, but I'm happy with a dozen or so from a 36-shot roll, which is pretty good, I'd say. I bought it as a present for someone, but will have to buy another now!

1. Dark brown leaves:

black leaves.jpg

2. Dean Bridge, Edinburgh, cropped to give a sense of a 6x6 format:

Dean Brig.jpg

3. The grave of Dr John Jamieson, the compiler of the first Dictionary of the Scots Language in the 1830s, and the subject of Susan's PhD thesis and Oxford University Press monologue. Susan is actually in this picture, busying herself removing beer cans from around the grave!

Jameison and Susan.jpg

4. Lanterns in the botanic gardens:

lanterns.jpg

5. A touching remembrance. I saw a tearful old man place these two flowers on his wife's memorial bench. We chatted a little about his wife, and I asked if he would mind if I took a picture, to which he gladly consented.

remembering.jpg

Lol. Sadly, Susan's secret is out. I just can't keep her from drinking cans of cheap lager down the cemetery. Well, who among us doesn't do that at least once a week? :eek::D

I love the first the most as well, though Isis had little to do with it ;)

"Dog-like head"? That was Anubis; some people clearly did not pay attention during theology lessons. :)

That is a wonderful set of pictures Rob, love the shot of the graveyard; looks like a still from a silent-movie era horror film.

Dave, you will find the occasional reference to my dog head, referring to a long exposure selfie I did. I moved half way through to a different angle. The combined exposure made me look like a poodle. A classic of photography, which should be highlighted in all future histories of photography :D

Portrait of the Artist as a Poodle:

poodle.jpg

Back