Forum issues

Had problems last night, really slow to load pages and time out issues.
Seems ok now though.

Still slow.

Never mind the PM I sent you, Hamish; I didn't see this thread had been revived until after I sent it.

Seemed ok earlier but it's gone slow again.

Hamish,

I twice gave up on the site this morning - took AGES (i.e. three minutes) for a page to load. I tried lots of other websites and forums, but with no issues, just RPF. I wonder if other people are having problems? It seems OK at the moment. Had same issues yesterday as well. Not a cache problem.

Rob
Me too. Happened twice once in the morning and again in the afternoon. That's Mountain Standard Time in the US. I think it's -7 hours Zulu?

Hamish needed to put another 50p in the meter I reckon ;)

I tried to post in the Book Shelf theme. My reply would not show the image I linked to. Only the link shows.iplaced the link between the bracketed url terms of url and /url

Importing from my iPad and linking to a Flickr photo which is available to anyone. Did I use the wrong code?

Pete helped me fix it! So now I'll post in the theme.

8583459156_6838b7c7da.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure Ralph but I edited the code to show Img in place of url and it showed up fine. I guess it didn't for (although it may have been cached) as you deleted it after. Try again and manually edit the code.

I just did the same in your post above so you can see what I mean.

Thanks Pete. Yep wrong code. I've done this a thousand times but for some reason got stuck on URL instea of img.
Ralph

Back