Critique Welcomed Forum Members: Self Portrait In Reflection

InReflection-1_zps5d203570.jpg
Pete - so you are a time traveller than - knew it! :)

No crop, just the tiniest correction to get the horizontal lines as straight as I could. Took 3 busses though!

I like the way you hang is space Pete - very three dimensional

That's your trouble, Pete. You're so self centred!

Actually, that's a perfect comp. Did you crop it, or get it right first time?
He waited for 3 days for that bus to come by you know - dedication! ;)

Likey the bus pic :)

Some good ideas for stealing inspiration for my "Selfie a week" in this thread :)

The contrasting motion/stillness and color/mono are wonderful in this shot. Love it, Pete! Well worth waiting the three days for. ;)

I wonder if anyone would have a photo of themselves as they really are : no masks, no hats, no public persona.
It is scary to reveal ourselves as we are, perhaps it is a place we do not wish to visit for it hurts:
yet this the the only way to make real friends , real relationships ... i feel.

I only write this because i just now chanced upon songs by Tarka Cordell,
he seemed to have it all, good looks, charming, soulful,
music career ahead of him, smiley, happy, yet he took his own life 2008.

I wonder if anyone would have a photo of themselves as they really are : no masks, no hats, no public persona.
It is scary to reveal ourselves as we are, perhaps it is a place we do not wish to visit for it hurts:

What ever we project, what goes on between the ears can be a struggle if not unbearable, none of us really knows except ourselves.

Check this thread...
http://realphotographersforum.com/forum/threads/the-real-me.16616/
... and feel free to join in the fun!

it's really a philosophical question ... maybe the hats and masks ARE who we are. I'm not sure there is such a picture , just a personal opinion of course

I missed this forum, so blame it on being a newcomer. A lot of people in all shapes and colours as we all are in this world. Here's my contribution of myself In front of my office, bl+wh..jpg if you don't mind.

I guess I was the marshall here, my wife was to be hunted down. Anyhow, I'm also a fan of hats and have many for all occasions. So I guess one could say it's a part of me. Or is it just the fact that I try to hide a certain moon up there?

Back