Fuji X-Pro1 in the wild

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
It's amazing what you can find on Flickr with a search. You can search by camera name for example, and in doing so, I discovered that someone has been out and about, testing the new Fuji X-Pro1. :)

3 days & 2 nights with the Fujifilm X-Pro1

6670580929_25c42e13ce_b.jpg

3 days & 2 nights with the Fujifilm X-Pro1 - a set on Flickr

His story goes.. "The images included in this series were taken with a sample of the newest Fuji. Only a few rounds of shooting were enough to convince (astound) me of its improvements over the X100 and get me real excited. However, I was requested to return it in just two days time (which I insisted to be extended for one more day). Making the most of this limited time, I've tried to document some old streets and familiar places of my city as much as I could... When I returned the gear, I noticed that 1,000+ shots have been taken!!!:)"

6688884503_d501520f6b_b.jpg

The EXIF data all stacks up, he's used the 35mm lens, but then that's easy enough to fake I guess.

Take a look - could be the first 'user shots' with this camera in the wild...

Last edited:
I just finished processing a bunch of shots of friends shot with the X100 for Facebook. All hand-held, all available light but super-sharp with excellent colour. Great skin-tones.

No problem getting fine quality with the D700, but there is just something very special about the X100 shots. I loved Fujinon lenses on large format cameras, and the lens on the X100 is every bit as good as I had hoped for. Not only that, but it came with a very nice little camera attached!

In the past week we where "enjoying" wind-chills approaching -50°, so I was not really highly motivated to walk to the local camera store, otherwise I would have it on order right now. I feel confident in buying it sight unseen, based upon my total satisfaction with the X100—which will still be used a lot.

Back