Fuji x-pro1 M mount adapter announced

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
Fuji have officially released the M-Mount adapter, and it looks like it's a smart solution, with integration with new camera firmware to add automatic/semi-automatic features when M-Mount lenses are used.

864e4_2012fujim-mountfront.jpg

FUJIFILM M MOUNT ADAPTER | Fujifilm Global

A mount adapter that allows the use of a wide variety of M Mount lenses on the X Mount camera body.
It is built with a three-part structure that uses optimum materials for each of the components, to accommodate perfect fitting with high precision.
The adapter also features electronic contacts for communicating signals with the camera body and a function button to allow users to easily choose necessary settings and functions (Shoot Without Lens, focal length settings, various image corrections, etc.). *
The bright frame, shown in the Optical Viewfinder mode, changes according to the defined focal length for easy shooting. **

The new adapter allows the camera to sense lenses fitted, and then provide the ability to store lens settings that effect the way the camera processed images from each lens. This includes focal length info and associated OVF frame lines, barrel distortion correction, light fall-off correction in camera etc - very clever stuff.

$199, and available June 2012.

Will be a big seller I'm sure!

Only if I get an uncontrollable urge to toss my money about. I do have a Canon f/1.2 50mm in an M-mount, which might be interesting to play with. Not sure it would be $200 interesting, but I only live once. Novoflex (sp?) also has announced a high-end Nikon adapter, and I have some superb AI-S lenses that might be interesting to play with.

Rationally, my experience over the decades with industrial-level medium and large format cameras, have always put me in awe of Fujinon lenses. At this point, I only have the 35mm f/1.4, and I am boggled by it. For just $600, it is equal to the best lenses with which I have ever shot. It is in every way the equal to the best medium and large format lenses from Fuji.

Realize, that they have not traditionally been in the consumer market place. As well as medium and large format Fujinons, their movie/video lenses are legendary. Check the pro line at B&H in New York and you will find pages of Fujinons starting at $1600US all the way up to $160,000+US. I strongly doubt that my M-mount lenses are even in the ball-park, even though they may have cost a lot more.

I did a print from an X-Pro1 JPEG—still waiting for Adobe to release ACR with XP1 support—and it was of stunning quality even though shot in near available darkness—1/52nd at f/3.2 ISO2500.

545164_10150952942739838_729189837_12843576_1676787388_n.jpg

Hope the image comes through—it is not showing in the preview, though I may have just fixed it.

There is a pretty rational analysis of the camera with third party lenses at

That dreaded Fuji X-Pro1 review

In any case, it is a non-issue here. If I feel flush and like splurging, I may buy. However, for serious photography, I expect I will stick to the Fujifilm lenses.

Last edited:
Back