Giving up on Nikon And SLR's for good

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
I'm not sure I ever expected this to happen, but I've finally made the decision to move from Nikon to something more compact for my digital work... I wanted a Leica, but will I don't have the £5,500 for the M-P I wanted so I've settled on a pair of sonys - the a7s for low light, and the a7r for high res...

It's going to be odd finally turning my back on SLR's for good. But they just don't feel like they have a place in the world any more ...

Does anyone here still shot with an SLR?

Same, only for work etc... Very rarely for pleasure, use he X100s most of the time.

I would have defended the DSLR to the hilt ..... until I picked up the X-T1, now I can't imagine ever going back

I still have a Nikon D800 and do use it. However, I find myself more often drawn to using the Fuji XT-1. So I still use both.

I use SLR's, TLR's, Rangefinder cameras, MF cameras, LF field cameras and have SLR's from 35mm, digital, 6x4,5, 6x9 and 5"x4".

While I no longer shoot 35mm, or rather haven't for a decade (seriously - except a few odd films with my Varex IIb) I will again and my M3 Leica was inexpensive, I don;t shoot much 6x4.5 either but I will be shooting LF SLR's this year :D

Ian

Last edited:
It's a bit weird that the majority of my life is spent being 'vintage'... Music, clothes etc but not cameras, I don't get film at all now.

Weight and size mostly. But also a big chunk is because I can now we have taken on the services of @James Greenoff

Very very happy with the sony and Zeiss lenses now. And no speed reduction like there was last time I tried with the fuji.

Back