Glacier Np

Beth Carter

so i was editing at work on my first night back and then work happened (manhunt crossing state lines for an attempted murder suspect) so these aren't as nicely processed as i would like. so far today we've had a school bus crash with injuries and a state police crash, also with injuries. not a fun start back at work. if things quiet down tonight i may revisit these, the color isn't right on some of them.

these are all from my first stop on vacation at glacier national park. i was there sept. 17-19, just days before the park closed for the winter, it was foggy and snowy.

lake mcdonald

lake mcdonald

me hanging over avalanche gorge

avalanche gorge. the bridge was blocked off, someone on the trail said it was due to water testing because the gorge flowed into a campground. that didn't make much sense to me then. @Ralph Thornton said it was due to an earlier storm that knocked trees down and damaged the bridge, that makes much more sense.

bear crossing at many glacier rd. there was another bear further up the mountain and a mother with two cubs past that.

fog and snow on going to the sun road (the next couple of shots)

i planned on finding triple falls at logan pass, but it was too foggy both days i made it up to logan pass. but i did find this is a waterfall on going to the sun road just west of logan pass visitors center.

just below the cloud cover west of logan pass.

That is one wonderful trip you went on there Beth. You captured it extremely well. I can't pick one over another...they all do the trick.

All you photos are great. I especially like the fog and snow in the trees. You did a remarkable job for being there for such a short time. I hope there are more.

Oh, nice black bear shot. Hard to photo something that's crossing in front of you while you're driving. :eek:

Well good thing it was a black bear and not a grizzly. At least you got a nice clear shot instead of one through a car window. :)

there were quite a few cars parked looking at the bears on the mountain. there was also a park ranger out making sure that nobody was being stupid. i think the bear(s) crossed this section of the road on a regular basis because the section of the road where the bear crossed had signs up saying no parking or stopping for about a half mile. and as soon as the bear crossed the ranger left. he wouldn't let anyone on foot past the no parking signs either. he was pretty cool though, we talked for a few minutes and he said that seemed to be the best place to see bears for the past few weeks.

the photos aren't getting updated tonight, our day at work went from bad to worse to "is it a full moon and nobody told us?" maybe tomorrow... maybe..

Brilliant images Beth, truly captivated me into each one. Liked the hanging feet, the mist , the way they captured the soul of the place.

Stunners! Love the cloud and mist shots especially - very atmospheric

Back