Godrevy Lighthouse

Julian de'Courcy

Took these a little while ago, but was not over the moon. Maybe my expectations were to great.
I sometimes will scan the live surf cams to see the state of the weather at certain locations. This location it is mostly, whatever the sky throws at you, sun or rain, but one thing for certain, it has it's far share of wind.
This day without exception, nearly blown of my feet a couple of times. Therefore not really getting a great deal of enjoyment out of the afternoon. Eventually I hobbled back to the car as the rain came down in buckets. So all in all not a lot of time spent there.
Most often the island is shown as being an island with the light house on it. Not having the idle wide angle lens I stood at a more unusual spot to take these.

Just got the geebies and wondering if I posted these before. If so, know I know.

GODREVY
by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

GODREVY
by JuliandeCourcy, on Flickr

Great shots Julian. I like the way the first is composed and how there is that glimmer of light in an oppressive sky almost amplified by the lighthouse.

So dramatic - that sky really makes the lighthouse pop

The clouds framing the lighthouse in #1 are really special - very nice

First time you posted these I think Julian. And what a pair. I think the first is the strongest and, like Chris, I like the contrast between the lighthouse and the clouds. I might be tempted to darken the foreground a touch but that really is nit-picking. Lovely stuff and worth suffering the wind for.

First time you posted these I think Julian. And what a pair. I think the first is the strongest and, like Chris, I like the contrast between the lighthouse and the clouds. I might be tempted to darken the foreground a touch but that really is nit-picking. Lovely stuff and worth suffering the wind for.
Good call, I may give that a try. I had not posted as I was not pleased and mostly to do with the foreground , you may have the answer. You often do thank you.

Stunners, Julian! I think the first is a little more stunning than the 2nd, but the colors and contrast and the birds are wonderful.

Back