Grasses in situ...and the kitchen sink

Indeed. My wife makes legendary coffees, should you ever be passing...

Looking at this shot again...it's rubbish! Don't know what possessed me to share it here. Just keep walking by, folks...

it's rubbish

It absolutely isn't rubbish! First of all I've always liked kitchens, for me a kitchen is the more intimate room in a house, and kitchens are alway full of history telling details that you won't find elsewhere in a house. Second, the light is gorgeous.
The photo is clearly staged (the vase with grasses), but that's not a flaw per se. The only thing frustrating is the small size of the image, with such a harsh tonal contrast you can't get enough details.

I discovered that as long as your image is lighter than 1 MB you can upload it in realphotographersforum no matter how big its measures are in pixels. So I prefer to compress the JPEG rather than downscaling an image to thumbnail size.

The comparatively normal, everyday surroundings set off and give extra emphasis to those beautiful, backlit grasses and the wonderful, long accompanying shadows cast across the worktop.
....and, if you hadn't blown the gaff and told us how the vase 'n' grasses got there, I'd have assumed they'd just been arranged ready for display...🤔🤓

I was about to write a hotly worded denial to your assertion that is was rubbish - then discovered that Gianluca had beaten me to it. 😄

But no, I like very much Rob. And very relatable, it's a bit like our kitchen - only tidier!

Back