Critique Welcomed Hand Signals On Tokyo Bay

Wow - great timing, and I love the backlit water streaming off the board

400mm shot?

yes 400. because of the way this beach faces i.e. west, and the fact that we only got there around noon, there were quite a few silhouettes where it didn't seem worth opening up to get the detail….these guys are just a bunch of variously experienced amateurs who hired me to come out with them for the day. so various levels of awesomeness in the gear they were wearing…

but this one seemed quite worthy of a bit of makeover. Topaz Labs 'restyle' program gives it that vavavoom

That's a great shot! I could see that as part of a poster or brochure ... Really very good!

what I was hoping there Hamish. there was that bloke in the US, who had a wedding pic which normally might have been binned (defocused head in the foreground) - snapped up on a two year license iirc by some big pharma company for $18000. apparently he put it on his blog, which was how it came to be seen by the picture researchers in the first place. so while not wishing to blow my own trumpet, exposure on this sort of thing is key.

now That, is a workshop I'd take

I agree with all the comments above. The "highlight" of the shot for me is the actual hand signal as it tries to create, maybe, some form of balance or perhaps a "look I've done it" gesture.

Back