Hello from Worcester

hello from Worcester

Hi, I joined rpf months ago but have been far too lazy to do anything more than a brief exploration. Photography is my hobby and I have lots to learn, usually sticking to the point and shoot method and relying on the auto functions to sort out the rest.

I live in middle England but spent nearly a year living in India 2009-2010 volunteering through VSO with an NGO in a very remote rural tribal community in Orissa, a poor, underdeveloped east coast state, battling with mosquitoes, cockroaches, heat and sometimes feeling like an alien from outer space but having a brilliant experience. Most of my photos were taken with a very nice Nikon D80 but sometimes reverted to a compact Fujifilm when I couldn't carry a big camera

I've finally got round to posting a few of the thousands of photos I took while I was there and am now trying to work out now how to take photos of strangers here without getting a smack in the face for intruding!

I look forward to seeing seeing any comments you might have on my photos, it might help me learn more

Hilary

I was lucky in India as my NGO asked me to take photos for them to use for fundraising and explained to the people in the communities they work in what I was doing and they all seemed happy to be photographed, providing I showed them the photos afterwards. That's the beauty of digital cameras! I have yet to work out how to do it here, people here seem to be much more camera shy

Back