Hello from Sunny Florida

Peter Brixey

Hello from sunny Florida.
My name is Peter and I have been into Photography since I was a teenager in the 1950s.
In the film world my favourite camera is a Canon F1, original model, and in the digital world it is a Sony A7ii supplemented by a Samsung S8 smart phone for convenience.
My favourite 35mm film was Kodachrome and my favourite B&W was Tri-X rated at 1,600 ASA. I used to do all my own B&W provessing but gave up when I moved to Florida a couple of decades ago. I still have all the gear. I have just recently resurrected my F1. I have attached one of my favourite Kodachrome slides created in the mid 1980s, I do my own scanning too, using Nikon parts and my Sony A7ii.
I am looking forward to browsing this forum and posting now and again.

Attachments

• DSC02633 (2).JPG
    DSC02633 (2).JPG
    992.4 KB · Views: 12
Hi Peter, welcome aboard. I'm with you on the Kodachrome, particularly the 25 asa version. Beautiful stuff. Alas..

Welcome, Peter. Rich warm colours in that image. I look forward to more. We all have our favourite cameras. Mine are the Mamiya 6 for MF film, and the Leica Q3 for digital work. What lenses do you have for the F1?

Hello from sunny Florida.
My name is Peter and I have been into Photography since I was a teenager in the 1950s.
In the film world my favourite camera is a Canon F1, original model, and in the digital world it is a Sony A7ii supplemented by a Samsung S8 smart phone for convenience.
My favourite 35mm film was Kodachrome and my favourite B&W was Tri-X rated at 1,600 ASA. I used to do all my own B&W provessing but gave up when I moved to Florida a couple of decades ago. I still have all the gear. I have just recently resurrected my F1. I have attached one of my favourite Kodachrome slides created in the mid 1980s, I do my own scanning too, using Nikon parts and my Sony A7ii.
I am looking forward to browsing this forum and posting now and again.
Welcome, Peter.

F1 you say? Wonderful machine! I have one also. Haven't used it in a while but I need to shoot with it again.

I've been to Florida - it has nice bright colors and the greens of summer. It makes all the world a sunny day!
Welcome to the forum from soggy Oregon.

Back