Hello everybody from Oxfordshire, UK

Dave Walker

Hello folks,

I'm Dave Walker and I'm a total film enthusiast. I have more cameras than I can remember and use as many as I can. I develop my own film and recently I've been getting into RA4 direct positive colour reversal.

Hoping to meet some friendly people here and nerd out about old cameras and processes :)

I'm on Instagram as @davethewalker80 if you're interested.

Cheers!
Dave

I had to google "RA4 direct positive colour reversal". Sounds very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing some examples. (Just checked one out on your Instagram site. Very cool.)

Welcome to RPF, Dave.

I had to google "RA4 direct positive colour reversal". Sounds very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing some examples. (Just checked one out on your Instagram site. Very cool.)

Welcome to RPF, Dave.
Thanks Brian! I have an article on the process going out in 35mmc tomorrow morning at 10am :) check it out, it's great fun 👍

Hello folks,

I'm Dave Walker and I'm a total film enthusiast. I have more cameras than I can remember and use as many as I can. I develop my own film and recently I've been getting into RA4 direct positive colour reversal.

Hoping to meet some friendly people here and nerd out about old cameras and processes :)

I'm on Instagram as @davethewalker80 if you're interested.

Cheers!
Dave
Hi Dave! Looking forward very much to the article. I've just had a look at your instagram too - cool! I don't do very much analogue compared to digital but love finding out about the different processes and so on.

Hi Dave. this morning I read your article on 35mmc about RA4 and the Pinsta camera. Very interesting. I confess I had a little trouble following the whole bit about filters but that's on me, not you. Apart from the RA4 aspect the Pinsta camera looks very interesting indeed. I watched a video of a photographer demonstrating how to use it "in the field." I realized I had seen this video a couple of years ago and at the time wrote the camera off as impractical for me. Today, however, I am re-thinking it. It strikes me as a modern, micro-equivalence to the wet plate process practiced in the 19th C, and yes, even today by some. (Though it's nice that no horse-drawn photographic darkroom is required, as this had always put me off the wet plate process. ;))

It seems that you are impressed with the Pinsta overall. Is that a fair statement?

Hi Dave. this morning I read your article on 35mmc about RA4 and the Pinsta camera. Very interesting. I confess I had a little trouble following the whole bit about filters but that's on me, not you. Apart from the RA4 aspect the Pinsta camera looks very interesting indeed. I watched a video of a photographer demonstrating how to use it "in the field." I realized I had seen this video a couple of years ago and at the time wrote the camera off as impractical for me. Today, however, I am re-thinking it. It strikes me as a modern, micro-equivalence to the wet plate process practiced in the 19th C, and yes, even today by some. (Though it's nice that no horse-drawn photographic darkroom is required, as this had always put me off the wet plate process. ;))

It seems that you are impressed with the Pinsta overall. Is that a fair statement?
Hi Brian,
I'd be happy to explain my filters if you're interested at some point.
As for the Pinsta, I'm really impressed with it. The pinhole gives super sharp images, and developing in the camera is a great party trick. Each syringe holds about 20ml of fluid, and that's usually all you need. The design allows you to draw it out again afterwards, for reuse or to discard before introducing the next liquid. It's been really well thought out and is made by the same factory that make Nova print processors.

Hi Brian,
I'd be happy to explain my filters if you're interested at some point.
As for the Pinsta, I'm really impressed with it. The pinhole gives super sharp images, and developing in the camera is a great party trick. Each syringe holds about 20ml of fluid, and that's usually all you need. The design allows you to draw it out again afterwards, for reuse or to discard before introducing the next liquid. It's been really well thought out and is made by the same factory that make Nova print processors.
Thanks Dave. (I neglected to mention in my previous comment that I think your article is very well-written.)

Back